Only Chinese version is available
Oil on canvas
57 x 100 cm
This fine oil painting is an accurate portrayal of the city of Victoria and its harbour as they appeared a century and a half ago. As well as presenting a record of the locations of buildings, the painting delineates their forms in meticulous detail: Government House, then under construction but completed in 1855, features a temporary thatched roof, while to the east is St. John’s Cathedral, which was finished in 1849.
—Collection of Hong Kong Museum of Art